How? Spread your risks
How’s it all done?
Smoke & Mirrors?
Hi, This page is more the how that help. The how of this website. If you want an overview of pages that offer different kind of help click on the link; http://clownpower.postach.io/tag/help
I think Tim Bernes-Lees comment is a good one, “there are other social networks out there". I think to have your own materials on your own platform and post links as relevant to twitter, MeWe, Facebook and email newsletters is a good way to spread your risk. I have now for example; http://ClownPower.postash.io. As a nub site of posts. Everything pretty much is a share from there (not this post). 🙂 I have a static http://dave.spathaky.name page with links to all my accounts and brief bio page at http://dave.spathaky.name
Postach.io is the blogging platform that's powered by Evernote notebook documents. Evernote is available on macs, PCs and all flavours of phone.
Here is some info from Postach.io
Creating a Post
Postach.io creates blog posts and pages from your Evernote notes. To create a post, write a note and tag it as "published" in this notebook. Then click the "Sync" button. Bam! Your note is published on your site, just like that!
Creating a Page
Creating a page works the same, except you add an additional tag "page". This tells Postach.io to create your note as page instead of a post.
Editing a Post
Updating a note is just as easy. Try making a change to this note, and click the "Sync" button. Visit your site, and you'll see its been updated.
Deleting a Post
To remove a note from your site, simply remove the "published" tag and re-sync. You could also delete the note itself. Its that easy!
Creating Additional Sites?
- To create a site, click the "Create New Site" button above. You'll be taken to Evernote to authenticate your account. You'll then be able to select an Evernote notebook, a unique subdomain along with other details such as author, twitter username and Google analytics code.
How can I format the style of my posts and pages?
There are several ways to format your notes.
- The easiest is to use the Evernote browser version. Although Evernote has a desktop and mobile version, their browser app has more formatting options for fonts, resizing and aligning images and inserting other elements.
- The second option is to use Markdown. This is basically a way of using regular text to *format* your notes. You can learn more about Markdown here.
- The last, and more advanced approach is to use HTML directly. Postach.io supports basic HTML elements and styles.
How do I add comments to my blog posts?
I still have questions!
- We'd be glad to help! Hit us up by clicking the "?" icon at the bottom right hand of your Postach.io screen. Alternatively we post lots of tutorials and tips on our blog and Facebook Group.
Example Postach.io Blogs
Postach.io can be used to create many variations of blogs and documentation sites! Here's some ideas to get you started.
- A tumble blog of your life and adventures.
- The internet needs more funny cat photos. Go!
- As an educator you can use it for teaching.
- Start a food blog of your favourite places to eat, with a short review.
- Documentation for your product or app.
- Create a link blog of interesting articles.
- Share your notebook with friends to make a collaborative wiki.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter(@PostachioApp) or Facebook(facebook.com/PostachioApp)!
Clownpower generally helpful pages here; http://clownpower.postach.io/tag/help
February 17th, 2010